On the hunt for a soft, gluten-free, processed sugar free cookie, I found myself Googling and baking version after version with no real success. Finally I decided to just wing it and make my own delicious cookies. After several test runs I think I’ve nailed the recipe. I give you an almond flour based cookie with delightful surprises inside.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, oil, banana, maple syrup, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- In a second bowl combine your almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix your wet and dry ingredients and fold in the peanuts and butterscotch chips.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment, spoon your cookie batter. In the version pictured I just used a large table spoon. You could also make them smaller by using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon to get them all even. (But where’s the fun in that?)
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Let them cool on the baking tray for a few minutes then transfer them to your cooling rack or your mouth. I highly recommend the latter.
These cookies are soft with a bit of crunch with nice pops of butterscotch and banana with each bite. Enjoy!