I love ice cream but my stomach doesn’t love the dairy. Lately I’ve been playing around with frozen fruit to make different versions of non-dairy ice cream (nice cream). This one is a winner! I split this batch with one other person, but it would probably be best split 4 ways (that’s a lot of nice cream in one sitting!).
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 2 frozen bananas (peel them, break them up in to pieces, freeze for at least 6 hours in a reusable container)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Fresh cherries, walnuts, pistachios, and unsweetened shredded coconut for topping
- Add your frozen cherries and banana to a blender or food processor (I use a Ninja Blender). Add your cocoa powder and about 1/4 cup of your almond milk.
- Pulse a few times to start breaking up your frozen fruit. Add more almond milk as needed to loosen up your fruit.
- Once you’re fruit has pulsed a few times, blend on your lowest setting then slowly move up. Add small amounts of almond milk as needed to get your desired nice cream thickness.
- Spoon your nice cream into a bowl. Top with fresh cherries, nuts, and coconut.
- Eat your heart out.