Popcorn is awesome and I like to play around with different flavours. At the grocery store, I skip the “popcorn flavours” that come in shakers because they are way too salty and a lot of them have MSG. Lately, my favourite has been Buffalo popcorn and it’s really easy to make.
- 1/4 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1/2 tbsp coconut or vegetable oil (for popping if you don’t have a hot air popper)
- 1 tbsp good quality Buffalo wing sauce
- 3-5 tbsp freshly grated parmesean cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pop your popcorn in your hot air machine. If you don’t have a hot air popper, you can heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat and add your kernels (before the oil heats up). Don’t forget the lid! Gently move your pan back and forth so the kernels don’t burn. Once the kernels start popping, shake your pan vigorously to keep the unpopped kernels at the bottom near the heat. Once the popping dies down, remove your pan from the heat and dump your kernels into a bowl.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of your Buffalo wing sauce over your popcorn along with the freshly grated parmesean cheese and garlic powder.
- Stir everything together with a large spoon (or your fingers if you don’t mind getting them a bit gooey).
- Portion your popcorn out into smaller bowls. JUST KIDDING! Wrap yourself in your favourite cuddle blanket and eat that entire bowl while binging DWP on Netflix.
I’m always looking for new flavour inspiration. Have any suggestions? Leave a comment. 🙂